Kesarbai Kilachand Fund & Grindlays Bank Mountaineering Scholarship (GBMS)
The Kesarbai Kilachand Fund is based on the income of a grant of Rs. 50,000/- donated by our member Mr. Tanil Kilachand. The income from this is utilized to sponsor deserving candidates for training courses in recognised mountaineering or for suitable expeditions. The Grindlays Bank Mountaineering Scholarship (GBMS) is based on a grant from Grindlays Bank and is utilized for the same purpose as the Kesarbai Kilachand Fund.
RULES FOR KESARBAI KILACHAND & GRINDLAYS BANK MOUNTAIN SCHOLARSHIP
- The Scholarships will be awarded:
- For the purpose of training at any recognized mountaineering institute in India.
- To give assistance to individuals for exploration, study (ecological, zoological, botanical, geological or sociological), or climbing in the Himalaya and adjoining mountain ranges.
- Application for ski courses conducted by recognized institute will be considered if the same is preceded by a mountaineering training course undergone by the applicant.
- The scholarships will be open to deserving persons between the ages of 18 and 45 years. In accordance with the current Foreign Exchange Regulations, the ‘Scholarship’ could be awarded only to Indian Nationals resident in India.
- Persons desiring to take advantage of scholarship should apply on the prescribed form to the Honorary Secretary, The Himalayan Club, 314 Turf Estate, Shakti Mills Ln, Mumbai-11.
- Application should be made 90 days before the date commencement of the training programme or the project as the case may be. This time limit may be relaxed at the discretion of the Committee.
- An application must be recommended by an Ordinary Member of at least three years’ standing and supported by the Honorary Local Secretary of the Himalayan Club, or any other Officer of the Club.
- The Managing Committee will decide the quantum of the grant for projects under Rule 2 (b).
- Every person to whom a Scholarship is awarded shall, within four weeks of completing the course or project submit to the honorary secretary of the Himalayan Club, the receipts for payments made together with the course Report by the institute or the project report as the case may be. The amount of scholarship will be payable only after the submission of these papers.
All applications for scholarships will be considered by the Managing Committee or a Sub-Committee duly appointed by it. The decision of the Managing Committee / Sub-Committee will be final.