Annual Seminar 2017
The Himalayan Club
will hold the Annual Seminar on Saturday, 18th
and Sunday, 19th
February 2017. It is open to all members and guests. Leading mountaineers, explorers and writers will be presenting audio visuals and illustrated talks on various topics. Renowned mountaineers Doug Scott, Leo Houlding and the Malik twins will be attending the commencement of the Himalayan Club’s 90th year celebrations.
Come one, come all to our annual extravaganza! With top-notch mountaineers, visual treats and an enthusiastic crowd, it’s sure to be a good time.
- Inauguration by Dr. Pheroza J. Godrej
- Kaivan Mistry Memorial Lecture will be delivered by Leo Houlding. Leo will reflect on some of the highs and lows of his life of vertical adventure. Touched by tragedy as well as triumph Leo has packed a lifetime of extreme adventure into his 36 years and is sure to amaze and inspire!
- Doug Scott will receive the Kekoo Naoroji Book Award (2016) for his book Up and About – The Hard Road to Everest.
- Jagdish Nanavti Award Ceremony
- Inauguration of the special volume of the Himalayan Journal
- Malik twins, Tashi and Nungshi Malik, will present on their Explorer’s Grand Slam and also talk about their initiative The NT Foundation for Outdoor Leadership and Girl Empowerment through Outdoors
- 2 amazing mountaineering films, 200 meters presented by The Himalayan Club and 101 India, and The Wildest Dream featuring Leo Houlding and Conrad Anker on the N.E. ridge of Everest
- Doug Scott will present a lecture A Crawl Down the Ogre, an account of the first ascent on Baintha Brakk (Ogre), 23900 ft in Karakoram by a British expedition. It is the 40th anniversary of that ascent and the world premiere of the lecture.
- All the climbing fraternity is hereby invited for a panel and open discussion on Ethics of Climbing, lead by Doug Scott.
Saturday, February 18th & Sunday, February 19th, 2017 - 03:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Rama and Sundri Watumull Auditorium, K.C. College, 124 Dinshaw Waccha Road, Churchgate, Mumbai 400020.
Rs. 200/- per person. (for 2 days, including tea and snacks)
For more details of the seminar and the speakers, please download the circular here
The Himalayan Club contributory dinner
(Rs. 1000) will give us all an opportunity to interact with the speakers and members of the HC. It will be held at 8:30 pm at Tanil Kilachand’s Residence, 95 Napean Sea Road, Kilachand House, Mumbai 400006.
Kindly register your names at the Himalayan Club office
either by Email
, or through phone
, or by paying online through our website
or in person
Let us meet on the 18th February 2017 and make this programme a success!
The Himalayan Club